Elpas Wander Protection provides peace of mind to family and staff, knowing that their loved ones are safe within protected areas. Wandering residents maintain their quality of life and freedom of movement while being kept safe from harm within the facility. When wandering residents are detected near protected exits, the staff is alerted, and the exit is secured.
The system preserves the homelike open atmosphere of the facility maintaining the attractiveness to guests and non-wandering residents. Wanderers are kept safe within the invisible boundaries while others can pass freely. The normal flow of the facility is not disturbed. It permits regular movement of care givers, guests, other residents or family members through a protected doorway while preventing unsupervised wanderers from exiting through the door. Each wanderer is given an Elpas tag which allows the individual free and unregulated movement within a predefined perimeter. Should the wanderer approach the protected door through which he or she is not allowed to pass through unescorted, the alert intervention functionality will auto trigger. Alternatively, the Elpas solution may be used to automate the unlocking of doors if hands free access is needed by residents restricted to wheelchairs.
The Elpas security bracelet is a comfortable unobtrusive watch like bracelet that the resident wears on his wrist. The pendant version is worn around the neck. Both versions are waterproof and shock resistant with a 2 year battery life.
- Real-time resident location monitoring
- Supervised Security Bracelet alertis if removed or damaged
- Flexible spousal/ staff escort alternatives
- Intelligent alert options, including mobile devices, smart phones, pagers, & email
- Scaleable from single door to multi-site system
- Provides peace of mind – keeps residents safe within protected areas
- Maintains quality of life – allows freedom of movement for wandering residents
- Expandable - seamlessly scalable (doors and tags?)
- 2 year battery life – long life, low maintenance
- Preserves open environment – invisible boundaries attractive to non-wanderers and visitors.
- Unobtrusive – does not disturb your normal operations
- Flexible - can be used in a variety of configurations
- Low Initial Cost - total cost tied to number patients
- Enhances level of service – enables your senior care facility to offer more and better services.
- Quiet and Unobtrusive
- Door automatically locks when wander gets close
- Door unlocks with staff presence
- Door alarms only if: door open, wander present, no escort for wander
- Full Feature Solution
- Unlimited Number of wanders and staff
- Staff Escort
- Unlimited logging of alarms and responses
- Scale to multiple doors
- Grow with your needs